The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales in the Commercial and Industrial sectors to ensure desired company goals and targets are met and/or exceeded. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for calling on Architects, Commercial Contractors, and commercial end users selling our exterior cladding products.
- Developing new, and maintaining existing client relationships with key transactional customers and multiple channels of sales including Architects, Developers, Engineers, and the wider design communities.
- Assessing market potential and identifying new business opportunities
- Maintaining key customer relationships, while developing and implementing strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Leveraging customer insights to identify business opportunities and strategies
- Providing expertise to the company by building, developing, and managing internal relationships to assist in carrying out the company strategies and tactics.
- Tracking, managing, and communicating sales forecasts and results
- Managing day-to-day external sales activities including cold calling, qualifying key opportunities, and winning business within a defined sales territory
- Track and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the Salesforce CRM system.
- Meet or exceed all measurable sales objectives and quotas as defined in the KPIs
- Conduct professional seminars and presentations to influencers including architects, contractors, and Owner Clients.
- Outgoing and personable character, Ability to convince and persuade others.
- A strong technical ability
- First-class communication and presentation skills (Powerpoint)
- A minimum of 5 years of successful sales, preferably in building materials
- Experience calling on Architects
- Experience with building envelope construction, insulation, and or exterior cladding products is a plus
- Must articulate a full understanding of the construction and specification process
- Exhibit solid business acumen including the ability to interpret and analyze blueprints.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills with aggressive follow-through and closing skills
- Must be able to travel as required by the specific region to meet/exceed objectives and grow the market
- Salesforce.com experience is a plus
- Must be highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook and proper utilization and organization of files/folders on a network
Strong salary, commission, company vehicle, and benefits.